Tuesday 2 October 2012

Pushwagner

Takk for Hodejegerne (Headhunters) film / Momentum / The Norwegian Embassy, I have enjoyed an all expenses paid trip to Oslo over the weekend, especially to go to the opening of the brand new Astrup Fearnley Museet, and a performance by Apparatjik.
However, I shall document that in the other blog in more detail, as I wish to share my discovery of Pushwagner
Pushwagner was exhibited in the gallery next to Stolper & Friends in Tjuvholmen, and the colourful illustrated drawings caught my eye, as did the word Pushwagner. I wasn't sure what it was at first, but it seemed to be an all-pervading concept of some sort. 
Perhaps it is. Pushwagner is the name of a Norwegian graphic novel artist that has recently found an outlet for a large body of otherwise previously unknown work.
I didn't have much time, as the gallery was about to close, and it was my last night in Oslo, I wanted to find out more, so I bought an English version book about the artist. The catalogue was better, with more images, but it was I Norsk, and my Norwegian is not of a level that I wouldn't have to spend too much time typing it all into Google translate.

I became quite fascinated by him the more I discovered - more serendipitous coincidences - he too was influenced by the writings of Wilhelm Reich, and a whole lot of other similarities, there was mention of Borges somewhere.


No comments: