Tuesday 26 March 2019

Ladeez Do Comics Awards Weekend Festival


I recently submitted Ms Blackbird's Home For Peculiar People into the Ladeez Do Comics Prize.
It wasn't shortlisted, however, I was kindly offered a free review session for the LDC Awards Weekend Festival.



The awards was on Mother's Day, a day in which I normally spend with the boys, but as the only funds I have available to attend atm are respite funds, so although there was some work - thanks to Nicola Streeten and Ladeez Do Comics for the payment, food and cake - I also took some time out to visit the Nordic Bar.





Before I left, I received delivery of 50 copies of Ms Blackbird's Home For Peculiar People, which were kindly risograph printed by Zines Need You.




They have now been uploaded for sale onto my Etsy site and are currently available for sale. I made my first sale whilst in London, shipped today :-)

My review session was with the very lovely Una, and I was kindly given a copy of her book Sanity - one I didn't previously have :-)


There were insightful and amusing publisher talks and chats before the presentation of the awards to finish the evening.


Nicola introducing Unbound

Good Comics

Good Comics


Awards presentation by Andy Oliver of Broken Frontier


No comments: