Wednesday 27 June 2018

Chromeo / Take On Me comic

I had this idea a while ago; gosh, it was back in March - see the WITA post; and thought it was a bit of a rubbish throwback idea - wanting to move on from my old work. However, I did do some sketches, then I decided that I would really love to go and see Chromeo for my birthday coming up in July.
This is worrying me. I often tell the story of how I came up with the concept for The Unreal God And Aspects OF His Non-Existent Universe, and that all started when I decided to take a sketch of me as the girl in the Take On Me video to their Liverpool gig back in 2006.

I may become repetitive!
BUT! This is what I'm good at, and whilst A-ha aren't particularly producing any more Take On Me style music videos, the idea of a concept Chromeo video still has potential.







So I spent an hour storyboarding some concepts - illustrations based on me reading The Unreal God And Aspects Of His Non-Existent Universe in the Take On Me cafe, but in place of Morten, Dave1 winks from out of it - where's Morten?!


I found the original storyboards for a short one minute animation I made during my degree, called "Career Path" - see below.


But I realised that I needed to go back to the start of the video, the race scenes, replacing images of Morten with Dave1 / Chromeo


Originally, I had the idea to role reverse and have me in the race, but then I realised that I have images of me in the cafe, so that would ruin the idea. So I started to think of how Chromeo would remake it, and it's pretty obvious that they'd be in stilettos, so I tested out some illustrations from the video for Juice.



 Of course, in that video, they're just busy in an orange grove, getting some juice... it's just them riding a quad bike - albeit in stilettos.
So time for them to race other stiletto-clad men - and / or women, and to figure out who will be the wrench - wielding maniac that chases them into the comic?!


No comments: