Friday 3 August 2018

Lincoln Zine Fest


On the phone to a debt collection agents over an erroneous energy bill still outstanding. In an anger inducing phonecall, I asked if they would still chase someone for money if they were in the acute ward of the mental health unit, because they were suicidal, and they said they would.
"Let's talk about mental health" say countless charities, but when you mention money, or funding, suddenly it goes quiet...




The good news is that I've been granted a free table at Lincoln Zine Fest in September.
Which means that I'm considering carefully making work for that - I have no idea about zines, as my only experience is with comics and graphic novels. 


Illustrations look more pro illustrated with a graphics tablet directly into Photoshop
copyright Helen Dearnley Illustration


No comments: