Monday 3 September 2018

Zine Making Workshop with OOMK


Last week, I took part in Mansions Of The Future Summer School, which was for me to attempt to restart my fine art practice, but I found Thursday's workshop with OOMK to be particularly relevant to my Illustration practice.


High Hopes Low Budget

Heiba and Sofia from OOMK set out a concept for zines - "High Hopes, Low Budget".
Mine would be "High Hopes, High Budget", because I don't accept austerity as real.

My Peace Painting Zine

I created this Peace Painting Zine with materials provided - which has made the cover gloriously Bollywood, and there were useful reference pics of Malala Yousafzai and Jeremy Corbyn, and some schoolchildren that I formed into a paper plane for a better future for peace.
Below are some of the other zines made by other artists, and 

Perusing the finished zines with OOMK

Pushwagner style!

I particularly liked the Puswagner style of this zine by artist Lawrence ?



George Clooney Is A Criminal

I particularly liked Tom's not quite ready (because he was too busy organising things!) zine entitled George Clooney Is A Criminal!!

No comments: