Friday 5 March 2021

Ms Blackbird's Self Care Arts Workshops - online for 2021!




New online workshops available to book here!

They are listed on the Lincolnshire Provider Directory here

I've been encountering a few issues restarting the workshops - noise from workmen doing flood defence works have cause delays, and builders next door!

The next workshop is scheduled for August Book online here!

And Lincoln grifters have struck again! :-s

I was advised to contact a local organisation that fund arts projects, in the hope of being able to provide the workshops at no cost to participants, so I sent some information, and heard nothing back.

But then my own carer's group shared some information that showed that this organisation had plagiarised my intellectual property and funded an amateur to do something similar. This is a real problem in Lincoln!


These are the problems faced by artists where amateurs are enabled to undermine our professional work for free.
This is why it's so important that the Arts Council fund my work, so that my authenticity and expertise is not completely undermined by others.
I don't wish to promote this guy, or the organisation that claim to empower women, but are doing the exact opposite, so I've crossed out his name, and omitted any further details.

I just wanted to confront this issue directly, as it's a huge problem, and to demonstrate the importance of authenticity - book the authentic and original Ms Blackbird's Self Care Arts Workshops, not any cheap imitations!

I wanted to run the workshops via Creative Minds, with a really inspiring meeting with James and Sarah reiterating that artists are businesses, and that we shouldn't rely on funding to run workshops.

I do not drive, so I can't sign up, which is why, again, you should book workshops directly from me.






No comments: